I am a self-proclaimed jerk. Obviously, I am from the United States of America, since I own the j3rk.us domain. I like to travel with friends and family around the world. This site is for me to share my experiences with those who have enough interest to read about them and see my pictures. Thank you for visiting, and if you have any questions or comments, please send them to website at j3rk dot us. Check out the Adventures or Projects section to get started browsing the site. If you want to know more about me, visit that section of the site.
- 2017 / Death ValleyWe went up to Lone Pine and Death Valley in March of 2017 to celebrate our three-year anniversary. It had been about 7 years since we last visited, so it was time. We were hoping that since we got a lot of rain this winter there would be an excessive amount of flowers and/or water in the valleys. Sadly, neither was the case.
- 2016 / Utah's Mighty 5At the end of 2016, to cap off what has been a somewhat disappointing year, we decided to take a trip to the national parks of Utah. Due to the holidays, we only had about 5 days to visit, so it was somewhat of a whirlwind tour. Caution: This post is very media rich!
- 2016 / MauiHaving not been to Hawaii since 2012, it was time to go back. This time, it was just me and Alex for a nice, relaxed vacation with no schedules to keep or other people to please. Knowing that September was going to be a stressful month dealing with things like birthdays and weddings, I planned a vacation to Maui...
- Review / ProdecoTech Phantom 400I was looking for an entry point into the e-Bike scene and decided to go with the ProdecoTech Phantom 400. It is a basic, sturdy, no nonsense bike with a motor, and it gets the job done.
- Fast and Loose by Stuart Woods
- The Player of Games by Iain M Banks
- Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
- 1984 by George Orwell
- Dinosaur Thunder by James F. David
Check out my book log if you care to see more information about these books, like where to buy them or whether I liked them or whatever.